Improve Your Vision with Eye Examinations in Calgary
If you’re experiencing problems with your eyesight, get an eye examination done at our Calgary clinic. At Trans Canada Vision Care, we offer a complete range of optometry services for both young and old patients. We are conveniently located in the Trans Canada Shopping Centre and have been working hard to improve your vision since 1991.
Why Should You Get Your Eyes Checked?
If you haven’t seen your doctor for a while and experience frequent headaches, blurred vision, appearance of floaters or a heightened sensitivity to light, it’s time for an eye checkup. At Trans Canada Vision Care, we can provide treatment for the following eye conditions:
- Glaucoma : Glaucoma is the second leading cause of blindness in the US. It is caused due to intrinsic deterioration of the optic nerve that increases the fluid pressure on the front part of the eye. People who have a family record of the disease and are over age 40 are prone to this condition.
- Diabetes: Diabetes can damage the blood vessels in the retina and can cause diabetic retinopathy and a severe, permanent loss of vision. This condition develops in people who have had diabetes for years as compared to other adults.
- Macular degenerations: Macular degeneration is caused when the central part of the retina is damaged, leading to blurred vision and blind spots. Adults above the age 50, Caucasians, women, and smokers are more likely to be affected by this condition.
- Cataract: It is a common condition in older adults over 60 and develops due to the protein accumulation in the lens of your eyes, making it blurry and cloudy.
- Astigmatism: This is a condition where there is an asymmetric steepening of the eye lens resulting in uneven focus of light.
- Dry eye therapy: This a common condition when your tears are inadequate and don’t provide lubrication to your eyes. The climatic condition across Alberta is dry and this dryness can affect your eyes badly. When you experience a burning sensation or a sensation of having something in your eyes, visit an optometrist immediately!
- Myopia: Myopia is a condition when you find it difficult to see distant objects until you’re a few feet away. Usually this condition occurs among teens and adults.
How often you should have an eye exam?
Getting a comprehensive eye exam every one or two years is advisable, but for healthy eyes our doctors at Trans Canada Vision Care recommend the following schedule:
- Adults should have their eyes examined at least every 2 years
- Children should have their vision tested every year
- Seniors should undergo comprehensive eye exams on an annual basis
Get your eyes checked more frequently, especially if you are an “at risk” individual. Call and schedule an appointment today!